Video streaming is a popular method of watching movies but having a physical copy of your favorite movie or home video doesn’t hurt. Sometimes you want to preserve memories forever such as a wedding party, cute children, family times, and so on. The process of creating a playable DVD is interesting and straightforward. It has gotten easier thanks to open-source applications and all kinds of shareware. In this post, we are teaching you how to burn downloaded video files to DVDs you can easily play in your house using free and paid software.
Options for creating video DVD
Related:What is DVD5, DVD9, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD RAM, DVD DL, Blu-ray Disc
There are many ways you can create a DVD. Start with a quality disc preferably with CSS protection though not necessary these days. Then, you need video editor software e.g. PowerDirector and Adobe Premier pro. These applications feature powerful DVD-creating technologies with their main capability being video editing. However, their interfaces are not user-friendly. They consume a lot of time and you may not get your desired results if you don’t know how to use them properly. Another disadvantage of video editing software is the high price they command. You can get Wondershare Filmora as your video editor, for we provide coupon for this software, but it has no DVD menu design functionality. Luckily, there is an easier solution- using DVD creator software.
DVD creators are less expensive compared to video editor software although there are some free versions like DVD Flick and DVDStyler. Their main function is to create video DVDs. Most importantly, they facilitate everything that you need including a DVD menu. They are available in both MAC and Windows versions. Here, we shall focus on one free DVD creator software- DVDStyler and another paid software- iOrgsoft DVD Maker. Keep reading to learn about their features and how to use them.
This is a free solution for authoring DVDs but it doesn’t have the MAC version. It comes with nice screen menus. With DVDStyler, you not only get to burn video files on a DVD but also play them practically on a DVD player. Here are some of the features of this DVD maker.
- Supports numerous video formats including MPEG, AVI, OGG, MP4, WMV, MOV
- Ability to create photo slideshow
- User-friendly interface
- Burns video files with interactive menus
- Supports various audio formats like DivX, MPEG-2, MP2, MPEG-4, Xvid, AC-3, MP3
- Ready-to-use DVD menu templates
- Supports multi-core processor
- Add multiple audio tracks and subtitles
- Uses VOB and MPEG files without re-encoding
- DVD scripting to customized navigation
- Uses SVG to create a flexible menu
- Imports photos for background
How to create a playable DVD with DVDStyler
- On the burner drive of a computer, insert a blank DVD
- Open the DVDStyler. A welcome window will show up. If it doesn’t, click File and then New
- From the menu, create a new project
- Go to the disc label and enter your label
- Choose the capacity of your DVD
- Ensure that Auto is selected at the Video bitrate and choose the same bitrate as the video file you want to burn
- Select PAL or NTSC at Video Format
- Choose an aspect ratio of 16:9 or 4:3 and click OK
- Choose a suitable template for your DVD menu. You can also choose not to use a template
- At the top, click on the Video+ button to add files in the DVDStyler. A window for choosing files will pop up
- Select a video file and you may add a subtitle to your DVD
- Open the file for the DVDStyler to start loading the file and the subtitle if chosen
- Create a DVD menu (optional). Add a background image, title, buttons and preview thumbnail
- Save your project by clicking on the save button located at the top
- Hit the burn button and a burn window will appear. You can preview the DVD before burning it
- At the bottom, click Start. DVDStyler will convert video files to DVD and burn it. The length of the process depends on the computer hardware, file size, and the maximum speed of the DVD.
- Cannot create a professional DVD menu
- Lack simple video-editing abilities
- Lack a preview technology
- No WYSIWYG technology
- Lack easy and user-friendly interface
Use iOrgsoft DVD Maker
iOrgsoft DVD maker is a paid software and a professional application designed for Windows and MAC users who want to create DVDs from their computer libraries and play them on any DVD player. iOrgsoft outweighs by far all the free DVD creator software by providing tremendous customization options such as menus and frames. The greatest advantage of the software is the ability to burn DVDs with the videos found in your library regardless of their formats. You don’t need to convert them first. All you have to do is add the files and the iOrgsoft will do the rest.
- User-friendly interface
- Support Windows and MAC OS X
- Professional DVD menu maker
- Allows customized menus e.g. custom backgrounds, music, and button styles
- Allows addition of images, music etc to the DVD
- A robust preview function
- Simple video editing functions like color correction, converting 2D to 3D
- Simple audio editing
- Easy video trimming tools
- Add text and image watermarks
- Burns any video file format to DVD: AVCHD, 3GP, AVI, HD, UHD, MKV, MOV, MTS, MP4, WMV, etc.
- Backups just any video to a DVD on Windows OS and MAC
- Diverse DVD menu templates
Guide to burning videos to DVD using iOrgsoft DVD Maker
Here is an easy step that takes less time to complete video burning.
- Download the iOrgsoft DVD Maker and install on your computer
- Load the video files you want to burn
- Choose a DVD menu- CartoonSeries, NatureSeries, or LifeSeries. To edit the menu further, click on the Edit button to add music, picture, button style, etc
- Change the output settings
- Start making a DVD by clicking the Burn button at the bottom right side of the file list
- Set the destination by inserting a disc or select ‘SAVE ISO TO’ to create a backup of your files on your disc as ISO image or DVD folder.
- To trim the video (optional), click the small icon at the bottom right corner on files thumbnails. A trim interface will pop up and you may relocate it wherever you want. Furthermore, you can edit video too.
Courtesy of the intuitive UI technology, you can make spectacular DVDs in the simple process described above with high quality guaranteed. Whether you want to create more space on your computer or enjoy watching videos on your normal DVD playback software, the iOrgsoft DVD make will ensure just that. Rest assured that you’ll get nothing but the best video and audio quality. Moreover, you can create ISO files, save them on native, and use them in the future to burn videos. To ensure that you are using the latest version, click the initial button at the upper right-hand corner and select ‘Update Product’.
DVDs are the cheapest storage devices for video and audio files. From this review, the best option to burn your videos is the iOrgsoft DVD Maker. While most free versions including the DVDStyler can do the job, they lack customization features and might not support some input formats. If you ever want a professional and fast DVD maker, go for iOrgsoft which can embed subtitles and allow you to design custom menus. Moreover, it is an honest software that doesn’t install scam programs to your computer. This DVD movie maker ensures that you get a blazing and quick burning speed.