Furthermore, free video converter fills up the market with promises of being the best and ideal software for you. Unfortunately, this may not be the case. Upon use, you might many not up to your expectation. The multitude of video converters makes it very challenging to make the right choice. As a result of this, we have decided to make your quest for the best free video converter easier; providing you with the top 10 best free software perfect for your video conversion.
The disadvantage of Free Video Converter
Although free video converter helps you get your conversion done right, you used to be aware that this software comes with some limitations such as:
- A lot of free video converters do not support HD and 4K UHD video
- Conversion speed depends on your CPU, and many of them do not adopt the GPU acceleration for faster conversion. Shareware is preferred as they make use of GPU acceleration for more rapid conversion.
- You may keep getting annoying ads about upgrading to premium version every time you make a conversion.
- Free video conversion software always has specific vital functions missing – burn DVD, video editing, download from youtube function, make a 3D video, etc.
- Comes with a limited video format
- User interface sometimes require an upgrade to make it easier for users.
- Free video converters do not come with all presets for all kinds of devices, such as Xbox, iPhone, iPad, android device, and tablet.
1 – Any video converter free
- support a lot of video formats MP4, MPEG, VOB, WMV, 3GP, 3G2, MKV, MOD, M2TS, RMVB, HTML5 MP4 and more.
- works perfectly on a lot of devices: iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPhone X, Apple TV, Google Android, Kindle Fire HD, Sony PS4, Xbox One, Samsung, HTC, LG, Huawei and more.
- Rip and extract audio tracks, sound or background music from CDs and videos.
- It converts the ripped and extracted audio file to many other formats such as – MP3, AC3, OGG, AAC, WMA, M4A, WAV, APE, MKA, AU, M4B, AIFF, FLAC, DTS and so on.
- Easily Download Your Favourite Videos & Music From YouTube and about 100+ sites.
- Burning video to DVD or AVCHD DVD and enjoy on your DVD player
- make home DVD with high burning speed and incredible output quality.
Any video converter free makes video editing very easy, you also get to personalize your video making it unique. AVC performs a lot of crucial function even for a freeware: trim video clips, crop video, rotate video, emerge video into a single file; Add subtitles, audio tracks, watermark, special effects; Edit video codecs, dimension, bitrate, frame rate, sample rate, channel, video/audio quality and more. With Any video converter free, you can get your videos edited as you like.
However, this fantastic freeware comes with a specific limitation. Due to lack of GPU acceleration, its conversion speed is low. You get to see an ad instructing you to get Any video converter Pro after every conversion. Also, during AVC installation additional software tries to install on your PC. Aside from these cons, AVC is among the best freeware you can get on the market today.
2 – DVDVideoSoft Free Video Converter
- Correctly creates video files for any modern device, like Apple iPad or iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Amazon Kindle, Android, and others
- Support most video inputs: Supported video inputs: MP4, M4V, AVI, MOV, MKV, WMV, 3GP, FLV, OGV, TS, any 4K video, etc.
- Rip and extract audio files from your CDs. It saves the extracted audio as a separate MP3 file.
- Works on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP3
This video conversion software is more like an extensive trail program than a full program as you’d expect. You get annoying ads compelling to purchase a premium version of DVDVideoSoft Free Video Converter and have their watermark on every video you make. The conversion speed is relatively slow compared to other paid version using GPU acceleration. Aside from this, the software has enough video output format which you can convert to and support a wide variety of mobile devices. You also get to convert your videos into most formats.
3 – Freemake video converter
- Have over 500 video formats you can choose from MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, MP3, DVD, 3GP, SWF, ogv, etc.
- Support a wide range of audio formats: mp3, aac, ogg, WMA, wav, flac, m4a, amr, ape, m4r, au, and so on.
- Import images (png, jpeg, jpg, ras, dpx, etc.) or audio files and convert them into a loveable video.
- Transform multiple clips at once.
- Download and alter streaming clips from YouTube, Vimeo, Vevo, Dailymotion, Facebook, VK, LiveLeak, Dailymotion, etc.
- Extract audio from YouTube clips or modify them to MP3, MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, 3GP.
- Upload your visual and audio files directly using Freemake Video Converter to iTunes and iOS once the conversion is over.
- Convert 4K and Full HD films without losing the high video quality
It converts correctly for any gadget.
- Rip & burn unencrypted DVD/Blu-ray and save them as a DVD folder/ISO image
- Quickly get your edited video uploaded to YouTube.
- Perform special operations like cutting, joining and rotation of video clips
Freemake Video Converter is among the best video converter you can get for free. It has a simple design and interface that works with a most number of input formats. It comes with a lot of exciting features: trim and merge videos, add subtitles, support many inputs formats, burn files directly to a disc and so forth. Sadly, you won’t be able to edit any imported subtitle files, until you get a purchase a subtitle pack. Also, lack GPU acceleration for faster conversion, built-in presets and a lot more.
4 – VideoSolo Free Video Converter
- Convert Videos to 300+ Formats – MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, FLV and more videos formats
- Convert extracted audio from favorite video files to any audio format: MP3, AAC, AC3, M4B, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, OGG, etc.
- Support nearly all gadgets – Samsung, HTC, Sony, Motorola, Apple iPad or iPhone, LG, and many more.
- Have your video converted for playback on any of your portable device or mobile phone
- Allows batch conversion of video and audio files
- you get to work with a large number of videos and audios at the same time efficiently.
- Get to set your video output such as – video encoder, frame rate, resolution, aspect ratio, video bitrate and adjust audio effects like audio encoder, sample rate, audio bitrate, and channels.
- Quickly add an fantastic and professionally looking opening and ending titles with different pictures
- Emerge several video and audio files in a single media file.
VideoSolo Free Video Converter is a fantastic software with great features for free. It supports over 300+ different media formats contain more than 200 profiles for most gadgets, HD (1080P) conversion, Ultra HD conversion (2K/4K/8K), and many other amazing features. However, despite how cool it sounds, VideoSolo Free Video Converter lacks some paramount features. The following features are found missing except you purchase its Ultimate version: Built-in primary editing tool, Personalize audio/video settings, Enhance video quality, Rip DVD to digital, GPU acceleration and a lot more.
5 – MediaCoder
- Support and convert between most popular audio and video formats without quality loss – MP3, MPEG Audio, MusePack, Speex, AMR, mp3PRO, MP4, WebM, F4V, FLV, AVI, MPEG-PS, , etc.
- H.264/H.265 GPU accelerated encoding (QuickSync, NVENC, CUDA) for fast conversion
- Ripping BD/DVD/VCD/CD and capturing from video cameras
- Apply different filters to make your audio and video amazing as you hoped
- Lots of excellent transcoding parameters for adjusting and tuning setting
- Multi-threaded design and parallel filtering unleashing multi-core power
- Segmental Video Encoding technology for improved parallelization
MediaCoder has been known since 2005 to actively and consistently develop great software. This software is universal media transcoding software containing recent cutting-edge audio and video technologies to provide with the perfect conversion. With total control of your transcoding and GPU to make your conversion fast – nothing more can be asked for. This software is impressive, but it does not support nearly all devices, video/audio formats, HD and 4K UHD video, built-in presets and many others. These missing features make other paid versions superlative.
6 – handbrake
- Converts to and from a large number of audio/video formats – MP3, MPEG Audio, MusePack, Speex, AMR, Windows Media Audio, ADPCM, mp3PRO, MP4, WebM, F4V, FL, AVI, MPEG-PS, Quick, etc.
- Has a lot of built-in devices presets
- Choose a profile to get started with either standard or high quality conversions easily.
- Handbrake can process most common multimedia files and any DVD or BluRay sources that do not contain any copy protection.
- Allow batch Audio/Video conversion.
- Lots of video filters to make your video ideal: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
- Rip & extract audio/video files from DVDs
Handbrake might not be suitable for beginners – it is indeed a powerful software that handles most video thrown at it. However, it lacks specific features that would have made it perfect – lacks GPU acceleration for fast conversion, a lot of video/audio formats, HD and 4K UHD video, support not most gadgets, and so on.
7 – Sabsoft Totally Free Converter
- Convert video and audio files to multiple formats, such as AVI, MPG, 3GP, SWF, MOV, MP3, WMA, and FLAC
- Quick install and simple interface
- Various formats and fast conversion process
- Emerge a lot of audio/video files into a single media file
- Support a wide of devices: Apple iPhone & iPad, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, Sony, HTC, OnePlus, etc.
Sabsoft Totally Free Converter always leaves a watermark on every converted video, which requires you to purchase an upgrade version. The free converter lacks well-designed built-in presets, wide range of video/audio formats, GPU acceleration making it slow when using it for conversion. Aside this, Sabsoft Totally Free Converter is an incredible freeware with quick installation.
8 – Clone2go Video Converter
- Conversion is quite easy, and no technical knowledge is required.
- Clone2go Video Converter can convert almost all video formats.
- Converts all your video to iTunes Library easily by adding your video file to the software library
- Automatically figures out the perfect video output format and optimize the settings ideal for your mobile devices without stress.
- Convert SD video files including avi, mp4, 3gp, m4v, qt, rm, rmvb, flv, mkv, as, mpg, do, VOB, AMV for free. You can convert any video into other formats of your choice, like AVI, DVD video NTSC (*.mpg), DVD video PAL (*.mpg), MPEG-I, MPEG-II, Flash Video (*.flv).
- Easily upload your favorite video to online-sharing websites like YouTube, Facebook, Metacafe, Dailymotion, and more.
- Clone2go Video converter has a lot of built-in presets for immediate use for your mobile devices.
- Works amazingly for all Mac OS
This freeware helps you get around the stress of converting from one format to another. You can get perform the following: free convert SD video, free download YouTube video, free convert YouTube video, free convert camcorder captured video, and output mpg, avi, Flv, 3gp or mp4 files. Merge various video/audio file into a single media file, etc. interesting as it seems, the freeware lacks GPU acceleration for ultra-fast conversion, does not support a wide range of devices, can’t convert HD and 4K UHD video, etc.
9 – iWisoft Free Video Converter
- Convert video files (including HD), audio into any other video, audio, image formats.
- Has optimized profiles that help convert your video to various devices: iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune, BlackBerry, Moblie Phone, PDA, etc.
- Crop, Clip, Split, Merge video and audio files.
- Have potent tools for editing your video
- Create & save user-defined profile settings for reuse
- it uses high-performance video conversion technology for fast conversion.
The iWilsoft Free Video Converter allows you to perform various operations that make video conversion easier. There is a downside to this freeware: lacks GPU acceleration, does not work on all devices, few built-in presets, etc.
10 – Extensoft Free Video Converter
- Opens and converts from the various video file formats to the desired output format: AVI, MP4, MPEG1, MPEG2, QuickTime (QT), WMV, etc.
- Easy and straightforward user interface
- Allows you to split or merge various videos into a single file.
Supports the new high-definition high-quality format
- Has customized profile conversion settings for quicker conversion
- Perform several operations like movie resizing, deinterlacing, and changing frames-per-second.
- Support batch video/audio conversion
Using a Free Video Converter can come in handy when you need to perform certain operations like converting, splitting, merging and editing your movie files. Although you get to achieve your aim with the freeware, there might need to upgrade to a premium version to unlock all its excellent features.